December is the best time to re-evaluate your life and project positive energy towards the New Year. With one month to go, have you decided how you want to make 2018 an empowering year?
We all want to live abundantly on this planet, but doing so requires a lot of planning and preparation. Sometimes we let countless days go by before realizing how beneficial it is to live a more intentional life.
“Think it into existence, do it, then achieve,” isn’t just an Alicia Keys lyric, it’s words to live by.
Below are eight tips to help the dreamer in you manifest a prosperous New Year:
1. Put money in a savings account and watch it grow- There’s no better time to save than now. Let’s start setting aside money for the things we really want, like a new car, laptop or trip. Whatever you do, always make sure to invest in you. That means you should have a financial plan for your future. Being conscious about how you spend your money can help you save big bucks.
2. Set monthly challenges- Each month, find something to do that’ll challenge you mentally, physically or spiritually. You may be interested in kick-starting a 30-day fitness routine. There’s infinite challenges to embark upon based on your personal needs.
First, figure out which aspect of your life you want to focus on, then write in your calendar what you want to do each day to raise your vibration. Hold yourself accountable and commit to living the life you want to live. You are in charge. So, what are you going to do?
3. Get a checkup- What’s the point of saving money if you hardly ever take the time to get an annual physical? Money is useless if you’re unable to enjoy it. That’s why our health is so important. We tend to overwork our bodies and avoid the telltale signs that clearly let us know we need to slow down and take care of ourselves. If you haven’t had an examination in a long time, it is all the more reason to see a doctor.
4. Increase communication with family and friends- When you don’t give your loved ones’ roses while they’re living, you tend to regret it when you find out they’ve passed away. Next year we can all benefit from wiping the slate clean and making an effort to engage in a deeper and genuine relationship with family and friends.
Regardless of distance and time spent away from one another, we should all come closer and love each other.
5. Start a gratitude journal and count your blessings- Have you ever complained about something until you got sick of hearing negative words come out of your mouth? I know I have. It seems like when you focus on negative thoughts, chaos finds a way to creep into your everyday reality. It can be depressing.
Our world is simply a reflection of our inner thoughts. In order to project positive energy into your life, think of the many things that you may take for granted.
Write down what you’re thankful for on a daily basis and try to find something new to write about in your journal. Shift your focus and watch your world change for the better.
6. Network every chance you get- Make 2018 the year of empowerment by networking.
Fellowship regularly with people who are on the same path as you by attending conferences, seminars, events and workshops.
Influencers are all around. You just have to silent the fear monster that resides within. Get out and create opportunity for yourself. You will be more than happy you did.
7. Guard your energy- Spend time with people who elevate and support you. You only get one life. Be careful who and what you let in it. Don’t be afraid to cut negative influences from your life.
8. Become an expert in your field- Think like a boss. Learn as much as you can about your field of interest. Dedicate at least 30 minutes a day educating yourself. Being an expert requires hard work and dedication. Before you know it, people will come to you for your valuable advice. Building credibility starts now!
How do you plan on having an empowering 2018?